YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
You must read and agree to these sections below prior to using our services as these sections affect your legal rights and obligations.
C2 Research, Inc. (“C2”) takes priority in safeguarding your privacy online. We gather personal information when you use C2 Research, Inc.
Please read our privacy principles below to understand our information gathering and dissemination practices. C2 may combine information about you that we have with information obtained from business partners or other companies.
The Information We Collect, How We Collect It & Use It
When you sign up for C2, we ask for your email address, address, telephone number, and other information that we use to contact to you.
In connection with your access to our Site and/or use of our Service, we collect and store certain information about you. Some of this information can be used on its own or in combination with other information to identify you individually. We call that information “personal information.” We collect personal information and other information as described below:
• Information You Provide. We collect your personal information when you register to use the Service or join one of our market research studies, provides information when using the Site or Service, updates your account information, adds additional services, submits information to verify your identity, contacts us with questions or feedback, or otherwise communicates with us. This personal information may include your name, address, email address, phone number, bank account information and taxpayer identification number for honorarium processing.
• When You Choose to Participate in Market Research Programs. We may collect information from you, including personal information, if you choose to participate in a market research program or survey.
• Your Email or Social Network Contacts. We collect your email, social network and other contacts (“Contacts”) if you choose to share them with us, or you choose to refer potential customers to us via our referral programs (the “Referred Leads”).
• Public Information. We may collect information about you from public sources, such as public social media pages.
• Information from Third Parties. We may collect and receive information about you, including personal information and financial account information, from third parties, such as financial institutions and our service providers, for identity verification, and other purposes. We may collect your business information from credit bureaus for the foregoing purposes as well. In addition, we may receive demographic information about you from third parties to help us better understand our users and to improve and market our Service.
• Automatically Collected Information. We automatically collect certain usage information when you access the Site or use the Service, such as your device identifier (if using a mobile device), Internet Protocol (IP) address (if using a browser), operating system, browser type and the address of a referring site. We also automatically collect certain usage information through cookies and related technologies, as described below. In addition, our Site may implement third-party software, such as Google’s Invisible reCAPTCHA (the “Invisible CAPTCHA”), that collects your information for security purposes.
• Single Sign-On Information. Single Sign-On allows you to sign in to the Service from another service you use and with which we partner. We will collect certain information for security purposes in order to verify your authorized access to the Service, including your username and password for the other service.
Third-Party Software, Cookies and Other Related Technologies
We partner with third parties to manage our advertising on other sites and to determine our Site
Your private contact information may also be stored using third party services (e.g. Google, Salesforce, SurveyGizmo, Qualtrics, Microsoft, Cloudingo, individual focus group facilities where a market research group is held among others). For information on their privacy statements please visit their websites for more information.
Do Not Track
Our Site does not currently have the capability of responding to “Do Not Track” signals received from various browsers.
Use of Your Information
We use information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
• to determine eligibility for our market research studies
• to administer the Site, manage accounts and provide the Service;
• to monitor, analyze, improve and develop the Site and Service, and to create new Service features;
• to provide a more customized experience on the Site, Service and/or our partners’ or affiliates’ websites;
• to understand our users better;
• to validate user information provided to us for fraud and risk detection purposes;
• to (i) solicit feedback, (ii) respond to your comments, requests or inquiries, (iii) provide customer service and support, or (iv) otherwise contact you in connection with the Site or Service;
• to generate anonymized, aggregate data containing only de-identified, non-personal information that we may use to publish reports;
• for our marketing purposes, such as (i) informing you of our or our partners’ or affiliates’ products, services, features or offerings that may be of interest to you, (ii) providing you with newsletters, articles, reports, updates and announcements, as well as information about upcoming events, (iii) contacting Referred Leads and suggesting Contacts for you to refer to C2 Research , (iv) improving and tailoring our advertising and communications, (v) analyzing our marketing efforts, and (vi) determining your eligibility for certain marketing programs, events and offers;
• to operate our business, which includes, without limitation, using your information (i) to process payments, (ii) to manage and enforce contracts with you or with third parties, (iii) to manage our corporate governance, compliance and auditing practices, and (iv) for recruitment purposes, if you submit an application for employment with C2 Research via the Site;
• to (i) comply with laws, rules and regulations, including any disclosure or reporting obligations, (ii) resolve disputes with users or third parties, (iii) respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas and court orders) as we deem necessary or appropriate, (iv) protect our property rights or those of third parties, (v) protect the safety of the public or any person, and (vi) prevent or stop any activity which we may consider to be (or to pose a risk of being) illegal, unethical or legally actionable; and
• for any other purpose for which you expressly authorize us to use your information.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) consumer, health information and business information privacy
C2 Research and all its companies and affiliates are committed to the protection and safeguarding of personal data collected from persons who are (a) consumers, (b) patients relating to health information and (c) business individuals or entities relating to business information.
PRIVACY & DATA PROTECTION
C2 Research adheres to the following policies with respect to our commitment to protect consumer, health information and business information privacy:
1. All Personally identifiable information (PII) obtained shall be lawfully collected, compiled, stored, allowed access to, processed and utilized by C2 Research companies
2. Participation in all research projects is voluntary and respondents may opt out of any research project, at any time. In addition, consent will be obtained prior to the collection of PII that will be recorded.
3. All PII obtained shall be treated confidentially, shall be used for research purposes only and shall not be disclosed to any person not employed by C2 Research companies, except with consent, as required by law or by court order.
5. C2 Research companies adhere to the policy laws of all countries in which we manage research.
6. C2 Research companies will not transfer personal data to a country or territory outside the U.S. or the European Economic Area unless that territory or country ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects.
7. C2 Research companies adhere to research industry Codes and Standards relating to the USA and additionally the country in which each C2 Research company is based.
Sharing and Disclosure of Your Information
We will only share your information with the third parties listed below for the purposes described above in the “Use of Your Information” Section:
• third-party agents, partners and service providers, who (i) are only permitted to use your information as we allow (which may include contacting you on our behalf), and (ii) are required under law or contract to keep your personal information confidential; and
• the following third parties under the circumstances described below:
o we may share business information with credit bureaus, and we may share information with certain companies, banks and organizations for the purposes of fraud prevention and determining eligibility for the Service;
o if you participate in our referral programs and/or share your Contacts with us and invite them to join C2 Research , the referral emails sent to your Contacts and Referred Leads will include your name, employer’s name and the fact that you are a C2 Research user;
o if there is a sale of C2 Research (including, without limitation, a merger, stock acquisition, sale of assets or reorganization), or in the event that C2 Research liquidates or dissolves, we may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, which could include your information, to the acquirer;
o from time to time, we may share reports with the public that contain anonymized, aggregate, de-identified information and statistics; and
o we may share your information with certain other third parties with whom you expressly authorize us to share your information.
We employ administrative, physical and technical measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access and to comply with HIPAA, and other applicable state and federal privacy and security laws; however, despite these efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed to prevent any interception or other type of misuse. We also depend on you to protect your information. Please set up a strong password and keep it confidential. If you become aware of any breach of security, please notify us immediately.
Links to Other Sites
Our Policy Toward Children
The Service is not directed to children under 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. However, if a child under the age of 16 is a dependent on a benefits plan covered by the Benefits Service, we may collect information about the child (solely as needed to provide the Benefits Service) from the child’s parent or legal guardian, or from insurance carriers and third-party administrators.
How to Contact Us Regarding Your Privacy
If you wish to unsubscribe for electronic communications please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Updating your personal information
To request that we correct or update any of your Personal Information, you can contact email@example.com
Accessing your Personal Information
If you wish to request access to your personal information which we may hold, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Erasure of your Personal Information
If you wish to request for your Personal Information to be erased from our records, you may contact us at email@example.com
General Inquiries, Concerns or Complaints relating to your Personal Information
If you wish to contact us about any matter relating to client privacy, you may contact us at Privacy@C2Research.com or write to us at C2 Research, 205 Vernon Street, Roseville, CA 95678. Att: Privacy
If you choose not to receive such updates and notices or share your information with our trusted partners, you may send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will honor your request.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY LOGGED
When you log in or access any of our web pages, C2 automatically receives and records from your computer and browser including your IP address, cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request.
When a C2 web page is requested and viewed, that request is logged on our servers with information including the IP address of the computer that requested the page.
These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, Browser type, Browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your Browser.
Internet Protocol “IP” Address
When your web Browser or email application requests a web page or email from another computer on the Internet, it automatically gives that computer the address where it should send the information. This is called your computer’s “IP address.”
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE PRACTICES
- C2 receives IP addresses from all users because this information is automatically reported by your Browser each time you view a web page.
- Your IP address is also stored in our user registration databases when you register with C2.
- IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including to:
- Diagnose service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- Send the most appropriate advertising based on geographic area or information derived from your IP address. Many IP addresses are commonly associated with Internet service providers, universities, or major corporations in specific regions or localities.
- Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
- Estimate the total number of users visiting C2 from specific countries or regions of the world and Browser and language preference.
C2 uses security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. We use PayPal Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption of all sensitive data, including credit card and billing information. We also regularly audit all activity on our severs and perform routine security analysis on all systems, data storage systems, and procedures to ensure that information is not compromised.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that C2 does not employ, manage or any of its participating advertisers/merchants. C2 is not responsible for the privacy practice or content of such websites.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
C2 only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of C2 in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of C2 its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We restrict access to personal information to C2 employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
By using our web site, you permit C2 to collect and use your information. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use any of the C2 web pages.
Updated December 20, 2019