YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
You must read and agree to these sections below prior to using our services as these sections affect your legal rights and obligations.
C2 Research, Inc. (“C2”) takes priority in safeguarding your privacy online. We gather personal information when you use C2 Research, Inc..
C2 may combine information about you that we have with information obtained from business partners or other companies. Please read our privacy principles below to understand our information gathering and dissemination practices.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you sign up for C2, we ask for your email address, address, telephone number, and other information that we use to contact to you.
We may use your contact information to occasionally notify you about our services, site enhancements, partnerships, alliances, promotions, and special offers that we think you will find valuable. C2 may use this information to send promotional material from some of our partners and affiliates to our registered users. C2 may provide aggregate statistics about our customers to our partners, but these statistics include no information that will personally identify you.
If you choose not to receive such updates and notices or share your information with our trusted partners, you may send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will honor your request.
C2 may release your account information when we believe that such release is necessary to comply with the law, enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements, or protect the rights, our users, merchants or others.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY LOGGED
When you log in or access any of our web pages, C2 automatically receives and records from your computer and browser including your IP address, cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request.
When a C2 web page is requested and viewed, that request is logged on our servers with information including the IP address of the computer that requested the page.
These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, Browser type, Browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your Browser.
Internet Protocol “IP” Address
When your web Browser or email application requests a web page or email from another computer on the Internet, it automatically gives that computer the address where it should send the information. This is called your computer’s “IP address.”
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE PRACTICES
- C2 receives IP addresses from all users because this information is automatically reported by your Browser each time you view a web page.
- Your IP address is also stored in our user registration databases when you register with C2.
- IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including to:
- Diagnose service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- Send the most appropriate advertising based on geographic area or information derived from your IP address. Many IP addresses are commonly associated with Internet service providers, universities, or major corporations in specific regions or localities.
- Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
- Estimate the total number of users visiting C2 from specific countries or regions of the world and Browser and language preference.
C2 uses security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. We use PayPal Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption of all sensitive data, including credit card and billing information. We also regularly audit all activity on our severs and perform routine security analysis on all systems, data storage systems, and procedures to ensure that information is not compromised.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that C2 does not employ, manage or any of its participating advertisers/merchants. C2 is not responsible for the privacy practice or content of such websites.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
C2 only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of C2 in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of C2 its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We restrict access to personal information to C2 employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
By using our web site, you permit C2 to collect and use your information. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use any of the C2 web pages.